|UK: 0845 521 2910|
|AUS: 1300 654 861|
The booking process is as simple as we can make it, given the slightly bureaucratic nature of some of the stops along the way!
Firstly, we ask you to complete a Booking Form so that we can be sure to book exactly the trip you want.
• You can complete the form online We do not charge your credit card online – it will be charged by our staff once we’ve received and checked over your booking form first. Please credit cards attract 2% handling fee on the balance not the deposit.
Or you can phone us on 0845 521 2910 if you need any help with the booking form.
Once we have received the booking form, a member of the team will email or phone you to arrange payment of the deposit of £250 per traveller on all Classic Trips or 20 % of the tour cost on all Rail Cruises.
As soon as we have received your deposit we will mail out:
• Receipt for your deposit payment.
• Certificate from the TTA confirming and protecting your payment
• Confirmation of your entire booking for you to check, showing your trip details, dates and costs.
•Full day-by-day trip itinerary in detail
For Classic trips the invitation to travel to Russia which is sent via e-mail in PDF format as an attachment for you to print out.
For Rail Cruises the group invitations are sent quite a lot nearer to the start of the tour – we will advise you at time of booking when to expect these.
• For Classic Trips our Trip Info pack – 82 pages packed with the latest practical and background info forgetting the most out of your trip… with everything from eating-out listings in our destinations to the history and context that helps makes sense of the vast geographical area covered by our trips.
• For Rail Cruises you will receive a full itinerary and invoice, also a copy of the Lonely Planet Trans Siberian Guide The final documents when they are sent before departure will hold more specific day to day advice.
• Checking your passport has at least six months validity left to run after your trip is over, and has a minimum of three blank pages where the visas will be entered (some specialised itineraries may require more than three)
• Getting hold of four passport-sized photos, which are needed for your visa applications
• Confirming you have Travel Insurance for the trip (it’s a condition of the Russian Visa that you have this - quite apart from being basic common sense for anyone travelling).